gardening. cooking. everyday echols family spectacles.
They’re so quick and are SO good! Plus, if you’re wanting to get a little creative, you can put the finished, cut up treats on popsicle sticks, dip them in chocolate or white chocolate and cover with sprinkles. (Treats on sticks = a great way to keep kids hands from getting messy!) Or you can just follow the recipe as is :) Either way, you can rest assured these treats won’t last long!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
Makes enough to fill a 9×13 in pan
1 stick butter
12 oz mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice crispies
1 11.5 oz bag chocolate chips
1) In a medium stockpot, melt butter and marshmallows together over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
2) Once the marshmallows are melted, add vanilla and peanut butter and stir until combined.
3) Stir in rice crispy treats and mix until cereal is evenly coated.
4) Before the treats cool, scoop the mixture in to a 9×13 inch pan, lightly greased. Using butter-covered hands, press treats in to pan to create an even layer and let cool.
5) While the treats are cooling, place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave chocolate in 30 second increments stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
6) Once rice crispy treats are cool, use a spatula to spread melted chocolate over the top of the treats. Wait ~15 minutes until treats and chocolate are cool then dig in!